This year I read soooo many great books and I knew I couldn’t choose to only one favorite, so I went for the best 3:
I absolutely loved Everyday by David Levithan. It touched my heart as a soul travels from body to body everyday and falls in love with a girl. It was such an emotional book, one of the reasons I liked it. There was suspense of finding out what body the soul, A, would be in and, also, about what would happen with the girl A fell in love with. Even though it was a short-ish- book, it felt like there were 20 stories in one, making it feel longer. I loved that feeling because I never wanted the book to end. There were many fun issues to keep up with including love, identity issues, gay rights and so much more. The ending was so sad yet so happy. I loved it and didn’t expect it at all.
Another book I loved was Sold by Patricia McCormick. It was short yet powerful. It dealt with women’s rights which can be a tough topic for me to read about, because I tend to think that equality is normal and we didn’t have to fight for it. It was a book in verse which I absolutely love reading. They just make reading much more fun for me. The protagonist was a 13 year old girl who has very little wealth in her family. She is treated poorly and, for me, it was interesting to read this book because I recently did a picture book who one of the protagonists was a homeless man. It showed me different ways of portraying less fortunate lives, which I loved.
My third favorite of 2013 was Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. Even though I read this book in the beginning of 2013 and end of 7th grade, it’s as clear in my mind as if I read it yesterday. I absolutely adore this book. It brought so many emotions which I love in a book. It was so suspenseful because not everything about Elsewhere was revealed right away. It was so sweet and sometimes felt like it was meant for younger children, but it was also deep and had a greater meaning/message. It really made you think about if there is a place that you go to after you die and I thought about it on end, which was fun for me because usually after a while, I don’t always think about the book I read a month ago or a year ago.
These were some of my favorite books of 2013 for many reasons and hope that after reading this, you will want to read them.
No comments:
Post a Comment