During the summer, I read a book required for school that I really enjoyed. It's called The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler. It's about a girl named Emma, in the time period of 1996, who gets her first computer. At the time, Facebook didn't exist but on a small sidebar in her email account, a link to Facebook was there. It showed Emma herself but 15 years later. With her best friend Josh, Emma learns more about her future. Josh having a superb future but Emma -- a not so great one. So Emma does things in the present to try and fix her future... causing wacky things to happen!
I liked this book because having a Facebook of my own I knew what the story was talking about. It was funny to see what Emma thought about the account and interesting to see how she tried to change her future. I didn't expect the ending but enjoyed it anyway. There are some suspenseful moments when you think the authors are going to reveal some information about Josh and Emma's relationship situation but end up not giving anything away and leaving you with even more suspense (I love those type of moments!!!).
I would recommend this book to everyone because it's a pretty easy book since we know about the future (Facebook) that Emma's clueless about, giving us a small advantage on the book. It's also a fun, read-in-1-day sort of book that everyone loves to settle down with on a rainy day. So... just read the book already! :)
that looks really good! can't wait to try it!!
ReplyDelete